New Delhi - GMR Aviation Academy (GMRAA), the training and education arm of GMR Airports Ltd - a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure, has joined hands with the world’s first and only forensic sciences university, the National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU) to collaborate on developing and extending educational programs in the field of Forensics and Aviation Cyber Security.
These programs aim at bridging the demand and supply gap of Cyber Security and Forensic professionals in the country. To formalize this intent, GMRAA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the NFSU on July 12 in New Delhi.
The MoU was signed by Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal, Campus Director of NFSU, Gandhinagar, and Ms. Parul Kulshreshtha, Head of GMR Aviation Academy. The MoU signing ceremony took place in the presence of Prof. (Dr.) S O Junare, Vice-Chancellor I/c of NFSU and Campus Director of NFSU, Delhi; Dr. Ashwani Lohani, CEO GMR Services Business; Shri Rahul Shandilya, Group CIO, GMR Airports and Shri Bithal Bhardwaj, Group CISO, GMR Airports Ltd.
“Technology and digitization have brought many advantages to Aviation, but at the same time, these have created challenges in managing cyber vulnerabilities in such a complex environment. The aviation industry has been an attractive target for cyber attackers. Especially after the COVID, Cyberattacks and threats have increased many folds, and organizations are in search of Cyber Security and Forensics experts to create a cyber shield against any kind of cyber threats. There is a huge shortage of trained Cyber Security and Forensics experts in the country, and in the world. In fact, there is a vast opportunity for such cyber security professionals, and bulk-hiring requirements exist for these professionals once they successfully complete these courses,” said Mr. Ashwani Lohani, CEO of GMR Services Business.
Speaking on the occasion, Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal, Campus Director of NFSU, Gandhinagar, said “The collaboration between the National Forensic Sciences University and GMR Aviation Academy opens new vistas for Aviation Forensic. NFSU Vice-Chancellor Dr. J M Vyas’ vision of enhancing forensic capabilities is reaching new heights. With this partnership, students and research scholars would get the opportunity to intern at GMR in the field of Cyber Security and Aviation. We intend to offer joint certificate and training courses to different stakeholders.”
As per the MOU, GMRAA and NFSU have identified the following initiatives which include:
* GMRAA sponsored Fellowship/Scholar program for NFSU Ph.D. students for Research & Development (R&D) in the Aviation Cyber Security sector.
* GMRAA Internship program for M.Tech. students enrolled in NFSU in the field of Aviation Cybersecurity & Forensics. The students would get year-long onsite Aviation Cybersecurity and Forensics experience at GMR’s Airports.
* Setting up an NFSU-certified Research Centre at GMR Aviation Academy (GMRAA) facility in Bhagyanagar to enable NFSU scholars to pursue full-time Ph.D. in Aviation Forensics and Cybersecurity domain.
* GMRAA and NFSU to jointly develop and offer Aviation Forensics & Cybersecurity Certificate courses.
* Academic Collaboration and NFSU affiliation for colleges in the country for B. Tech. program
* Joint specialized services offerings in Aviation Cybersecurity to the industry.
The National Forensic Sciences University with the status of an Institution of National Importance is the world’s first and only University dedicated to Forensic, Behavioral, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, and allied Sciences. It was established by the Government of Bharat through Act, 2020 (32 of 2020) with the objective of fulfilling the acute shortage against the increasing demand for forensic experts in the country and around the world.
GMRAA was established in 2009 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Bhagyanagar. It is accredited by national & international bodies and has collaborated with various government bodies and regulators for Aviation-related Training and Education Programs. It has emerged as a global gateway for aviation learning in Bharat.
The academy has been conferred with ICAO's 'Regional Training Center of Excellence' stature and the 'Global Training Hub' by the ACI. It is also an Authorized Training Center and Accredited Training School of the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
The academy, with two full-fledged centers in Delhi and Hyderabad, conducts training programs accredited by Airport Council International (ACI), International Air Transport Association (IATA), International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), and Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) with focus on the Asia Pacific, Middle East, and African regions. GMRAA imparts quality education through highly skilled faculty members possessing experience in Airports, Airlines, Fire & Rescue, Cargo, Safety and Security, Corporate Aviation, Aircraft Maintenance, etc.
Post-training GMRAA facilitates placement assistance, with most of our alumni placed with major Airports (Indian and abroad), Airlines, Aviation Management Companies, and Hospitality Companies, including Air India SATS, Celebi, Indigo, SpiceJet, Air Vistara, Sky Chef, Go Air, TruJet, DB Schenker, GHIAL, DIAL, GMR Cargo, Qatar Airforce, DNATA, etc.
With a focus on next-generation training, GMR Aviation Academy:
* along with its partner Information Sharing & Analysis Center (ISAC) has launched short programs in Cyber Security in Aviation which will transform the workforce as Cyber-shields against Cyber-attacks in the current post-pandemic era where Cyber-invasions are on the rise.
* along with GMR Aero Technic (the MRO arm of GMR Airports Limited) will soon be commissioning and operating the GMR School of Aviation, which will offer a 4-year licensing program on 147 Aircraft Maintenance with in-house On-Job-Training at the MRO Campus.